Monday 22 October 2012

The wind subsided

9.58am

Prayed to God this morning wanting to not miss the 8.52 train, but somehow the clock seemed to have just jumped a few notches and next thing i looked, was so late i couldn’t have made it to the 8.52. So I prayed hoping I won’t miss the 9.07am train. Got there in time, with spare time for breaky but I was feeling slightly a bit frustrated from missing it (my fault, entirely, i know... :S), so then waiting for train and listening to Lecrae, guess who I met at the train station? Auntie Stacey! Haven’t seen her in years, and she apparently went back to TW and then back to OZ, and now even her son (Eric?) is now going to church and serving. Going to this new church that is being established.

 

Had a chance to hear her speak about what’s been happening these few years, and she said one thing “when sometimes one doesn’t know what to do they will quarrel or argue but actually they are feeling helpless” – reminds me of when mum used to be in conflict with her, so now i understand what was actually happening... but after so many years, from our convo, u see her start to see outside of just herself, and see God’s heart and that she too needs to widen her heart. I’m thankful – God has taught this sister much. And even her son who refused to come to church so many years ago... is now at church. And Stacey never forgot mum – and how mum was nice to her back then...

 

Had a chance to grab the opportunity to share with her about the end times, and God’s eternal plan and His kingdom and now it will be established on the new earth – New Jerusalem from heaven. Also shared with her about how to walk God’s way and how demanding God is – you see her shy away – saying it is too hard... but I indicated that road to heaven is the narrow one, and few find it. Then I also shared how God’s righteousness is shared – so that we may not need to always be in such struggle – but rather we can wear the full armour of God and conquer. But I forgot to tell her to walk in according to the Holy Spirit – out of legalism and license. But did mention that once we were in the world and affected by it, but now with God’s topview we are over the circumstances. God was doing something in her... hopefully what was planted was good seed to replace the bad ones satan sowed before. And let’s see it grow.

 

Waiting for the train door to open, approaching Roma St station, I still felt a tiny little frustrated for missing the train and being late but not so frustrated anymore, cuz I see how God used this. So I didn’t mind so much anymore... I’ll have to skip lunch today to be able to get off work on time so that I can bring Ken around Brissy, but that’s ok. I bowed to God – He art God indeed.

 

So I got off at Roma Street, severely late for work, but still thankful that I’ve had bread (didn’t even have time to kraft-easy-cheese-spread it), but still thankful that I don’t just have any bread, I gots raisin bread!! Walking along the road, the wind started blowing in the opposite direction, just like this morning when i was running for the train... going closer to work. It was so strong, blew my bags to two sides of me, and felt it starting to push me off course too...  Feeling a little bugged, and felt as if it was something supernatural going against me this morning, I went – Lord, tell it to stop. In Jesus Christ’s Name I command you to go away. It kept blowing against me and didn’t stop, as if testing my faith to see if it will stop. Something questioned in me but I reprimanded it, telling it to just wait. And see which God is great. As I approached where the crossing was where it is usually the most windy, the wind got smaller, and smaller, till it was just a few whiffs here and there. I crossed to the other side – amused, then amused at my amusement – It was totally unbelievable, what just happened, but what’s more why am I so surprised? afterall, I did believe the unbelievable. The wind tried to get bigger, but as I crossed to another side (L shape had to cross twice....), was challenging it to see, and it was suppressed all the way, and I walked into the roller doors of Brisbane Square. God is God indeed, and the wind subsided. Check this glory.

 




This e-mail is sent by Suncorp Group Limited ABN 66 145 290 124 or one of its related entities "Suncorp".
Suncorp may be contacted at Level 18, 36 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane or on 13 11 55 or at suncorp.com.au.
The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does not necessarily reflect the view of Suncorp. The content, including attachments, is a confidential communication between Suncorp and the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment