Sunday 15 April 2012

Forever Yours, Forgotten Land, Candle of Hope

Continuing the drive to jot down all those songs...


Forever Yours
This was written for my not yet completed novel Da Downfall, in the Ellery Lannter series... Where Renalron Wettham who was the class monitor, fell in love with Ellery because of her funky character, and upon finding out she was the grand princess he had a bit of an internal issue and battle of awkwardness, then finally deciding that he loved her so much that he’d even risk his life for her sake during battles

F Major

You touched my heart
like You’ve never touched it before
You soothed my tears,
when I needed you most, you’re near/here.

When I look into your eyes,
I saw love
and I gazed into your heart.
I felt no regrets or doubts in your smile,
but instead I could never be yours (alt lyrics: but you said I could never be yours).

(Chorus)
Don’t you know I’m forever yours tonight?
Forever yours tonight;
Just let me hold your hand –
one chance for that love to remain,

Don’t you know I’m forever yours tonight?
Forever yours, I swear, tonight,
Just give me one more moment
to take your breath away –


Forgotten Land
This song was written... I think after I watched The Magic Sword one day, back in Springfield house... (that’s the first house we moved into when we got to Aust). This is for the next Ellery Lannter series’ book after Da Downfall, where Ellery meets her long lost brother who had been banished to the outlands... This must have been back in 2004 cuz I remember writing part of the story as my QCS practice narrative. Lightning struck, there was a guy in a cloak, rocked up to E’s balcony, jumped into the room and touched her face. His hands were cold and woke E up, then he freaked out and escaped. Did that a couple of times, then E, being as nice as she was, treated him with hospitality, baked him some chicken nuggets/hot food ... then finally found out that he’s her eldest bro, even older than Brandon Lannter.. either that or he’s actually a previous prince, originally betrothed to E, I hadn’t quite decided... It’s a hard decision since E’s relationships never work out... so.. not sure if I want another main male character dying... afterall, Zechs, Heero both died....

Anyway... This song is his song to her, to be played as the scene above acts out.
-----------

V1.
You want to know who I am?
you'll find me in (the) forgotten lands
no matter where I am, or how I am,
my heart is – with you.

I’ve been reaching you through your dreams,
and visit(ing) you in your sleep,
the only way we meet –
held those memories so sweet –
the times I share with you.

(Chorus)
Faith brought me back into your life,
hope gave me strength to survive,
I just can’t let you go,
I gotta let you know,
I love you.

I wanna see you face to face,
give me chance to lock your gaze;
you’ll be in my embrace and we will
soar through space

I really do love you.


Candle of Hope
Wrote this song back in high school, probably about 2002 or 2001 since this was originally me trying to help Tiska with her music composition assignment.


Nothing in life can compare to the ...... ???? (forgot the lyrics.... x_x!!)
And nothing in life can be more
pleasurable than to know you.

The plan’s so simple yet we don’t realise
that the answer to our prayers’ so obvious –

(Chorus)
Don’t you know you’re my candle of hope,
my ring of light,
ripply reflection of the twilight?

Your  presence moulds and fills my life,
through the thoughts of the night

No comments:

Post a Comment